What is Data Heist?
Data Heist is the first card game in the world created to educate players on topics related to Data Protection and Personal Cyber Hygiene. It was created with simple game play so that even an 8-year-old can play, yet it has additional features that will engage a more matured players like employees, general public or anyone who uses the Internet.
The game is a bit of an anti-thesis where players play the role of an amateur hacker. The aim of the game is for players to “steal” as much data as they can from unsuspecting victims in the marketplace (and there are many even in real life) using three of the most common forms of attacks that usually result in data loss.
In the game Data Heist, players play a rookie hacker who want to be admitted into the inner circle of the hacking fraternity. To win the game players have to prove their ability by stealing as much data from the marketplace of victims and prevent your competitors from stealing as well. In advance scenarios, players can even level up their attacks and thwart attacks of other players.
NUMBER OF PLAYERS
The game can be played by 2 to 6 players.
Recommended age for players is from 8 to 80 years old or anyone who knows how to count.
Why Data Heist?
According to a Global Risk Perception survey conducted by the World Economic Forum; Cyber Risk ranks among one of the top risk concerns in all over the world. This is not surprising because of several recent high-profile cyber-attacks that resulted massive amounts of personal data stolen and disrupted operations has caught global eye balls and raised concerns among the business communities and governments.
BENEFITS OF DATA HEIST
Data Heist was created to be a learning tool to educate on topics related to data protection and personal cyber hygiene. Here are some of the benefits:
- Fun and engaging way to educate players on data protection and cyber hygiene
- Players get to experience through a tabletop simulation of how hacking takes place
- Real threats can be made known to players so that they can be more vigilant
- Simple game play suitable for children who are able to count
- Vocabulary related to data protection and cyber hygiene
- Additional features and rules in place to engage more matured players
Data Heist is designed so that when the game is facilitated by an adult or trained educator, these are some of the learning objectives that can be achieved after the game.
- Develop awareness of the online threats and possible ways scammers work
- Understand that every organization and individual is susceptible to attacks
- Recognize common types of cyber attacks
- Recognize various threat actors
- Apply good person cyber hygiene habits
- Identify different methods of protecting data
- Identify data protection weaknesses of organizations
Get one for you here!